A classic soup for garlic lovers. The flavour is superb but not overwhelming. Serve hot or cold, with a few diced scapes floating on top for garnish. If scapes are not available use 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced garlic. If you like spicy soups, sprinkle with a few drops of chili oil.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped garlic scapes
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced leeks
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced peeled red potatoes
- 2 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- ? cup (50 mL) whipping cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped Italian parsley
- Heat butter in a pot on medium-high heat.
- Add scapes and leeks and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and sautee until softened slightly, about 2 minutes longer.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Puree in food processor or with a hand immersion blender.
- Add cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to blend flavours.
- Stir in parsley.